.....Advertisement.....
.....Advertisement.....

Bandelier smoke alarm draws firefighters Tuesday

-A A +A
By The Staff

An office building at Bandelier National Monument was evacuated and Los Alamos Fire Department personnel were called to the scene on Tuesday as a fire alarm was activated in the building.

Firefighters reported finding smoke inside of a one-story brick building.

The cause was likely a damper that wasn’t released before a fire was started in a fireplace, said LAFD Chief Troy Hughes.

“It’s the coldest day of the year,” Hughes said.

No one was injured.