Starting at 2 p.m. Sunday, Los Alamos residents can walk to make a difference.
The CROP Hunger Walk/Turkey Trot will begin at Los Alamos Middle School. CROP stands for Communities Responding to Overcome Poverty.
Overall, 25 percent of donations stay at the local level with LA Cares, helping supplement the diets of 100 families in town. The other 75 percent helps globally with the fight against hunger and poverty from the grassroots level by providing seeds, tools, basic agricultural techniques, replacing fishing boats lost in the Indonesian tsunami, etc.