Los Alamos County Fire Department has eased the fire restrictions as of noon Friday and will switch back to Stage 1.
According to a release from the county, the relaxation of fire restrictions is based upon local weather improvement.
• Recent regular rainfall
• The local (seven) day forecast that reflects the apparent onset of the monsoon season
• Rising humidity values in the weather
• Fuel condition improvements, including:
• Reduction in Fire Danger Level, from Extreme to High
• Reduction in Ignition Potential, from 100 percent to 70 percent
• Increase in the Dead Fuel Moistures to double-digit levels.