The Los Alamos Department of Public Utilities (DPU) announced the launch of its free Los Alamos DPU app Thursday by Smart Energy Systems.
The a new cloud-based platform has a friendly interface for DPU customers to access their account, track consumption and pay utility bills from their computer or mobile device, according to department officials.
In 2015, a DPU customer satisfaction survey revealed that a segment of customers wanted more online functions.
“Customers under the age of 45 told us that they wanted better ways to do business with us online. We listened and believe the Los Alamos DPU App will allow customers the flexibility and convenience they seek,” said Utilities Manager Tim Glasco, in a statement issued Thursday.
Some of the advantages that DPU customers can expect from the Los Alamos DPU app when used on their computer or downloaded to their mobile device include the ability to:
• Customize the home screen to create personalized dashboards,
• View current and historic bills,
• Make payments with a credit card or electronic check,
• View current and historic consumption,
• Compare personal consumption to the average of all Los Alamos customers’ consumption, and