Anyone living without carbon monoxide detectors in their home may rethink that decision after reading what happened this weekend to Los Alamos County employee Leslie Bucklin and her four daughters.
Normally the entire family is in bed by 11 p.m., but Sunday night Bucklin and her daughter Lauren, 17, were rearranging furniture on the main floor of their four-story condo as the other children slept upstairs.
They didn’t notice their home filling with carbon monoxide. There was no odor. There were no fumes.