Los Alamos County debuted a revamped website today that it hopes will be more user-friendly.
The website’s main feature is better communication through the use of interactive forms.
County officials also said the website, at losalamosnm.us, features:
• Better navigation tools,
• Redesigned sub-sites for departments or services,
• Improved search engine capabilities,
• Easy access through home page “quick links” for the most popular links,
• Enhanced photo and video hosting capability,
• An integrated calendar of events with filter options,
• Responsive design for viewing on smart phones and tablets.
Also included in the site is software designed for easier public access to information on county boards and commissions. With the new software, the public will be able to review a board’s or a commission’s work plan and find out what the board does.
The software also allows for those interested to check on vacancy statuses and reapplying for openings.