- Special Sections
- Public Notices
The National Weather Service issued the following advisory Wednesday morning:
A WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 5 AM MST THURSDAY...
A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 5 AM MST THURSDAY.
* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS... EXPECT 2 TO 4 INCHES OF FRESH SNOW FALL THROUGH TONIGHT... WITH 4 TO 8 INCHES OF FRESH SNOW OVER THE SANGRE DE CRISTO MOUNTAIN SUMMITS AND HIGHER SLOPES... OVER THE NORTHERN MOUNTAINS IN EASTERN RIO ARRIBA COUNTY. NEAR THE COLORADO BORDER... EXPECT AN ADDITIONAL 1 TO 2 INCHES LOCALLY OVER THE HIGH PEAKS.
* TIMING... SNOW... HEAVY AT TIMES..WILL CONTINUE THROUGH THE DAY TODAY AND WELL INTO WEDNESDAY NIGHT. SNOW WILL TAPER OFF GRADUALLY BY DAYBREAK THURSDAY MORNING.
* WINDS... WEST WINDS WILL GUST TO 25 MPH LOCALLY MAINLY OVER SOUTHERN RIO ARRIBA COUNTY... NORTHERN SANDOVAL COUNTY... AND EASTERN MCKINLEY COUNTY.
* SNOW LEVELS... TEMPERATURES WILL BE COLD ENOUGH FOR SNOW AT ALL LEVELS.
* LOCAL IMPACTS... EXPECT SNOW PACKED AND SLICK ROADS... WITH TRAVEL IMPEDED OR BLOCKED LOCALLY DUE TO HEAVY SNOW.
If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the Los Alamos Monitor, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.
Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.
If you are new to the award winning Los Alamos Monitor and wish to get a subscription or simply gain access to our online content then please enter your ZIP code below and continue to setup your account.