- Special Sections
- Public Notices
The National Weather Service issued the following advisory for the Los Alamos area Wednesday morning:
WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 3 PM THIS AFTERNOON TO 5 AM MST THURSDAY...
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN ALBUQUERQUE HAS ISSUED A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 3 PM THIS AFTERNOON TO 5 AM MST THURSDAY.
* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS... 3 TO 5 INCHES WEST CENTRAL AND NORTHERN MOUNTAINS WITH LOCALLY UP TO 7 INCHES ON HIGHEST PEAKS. ONE TO 3 INCHES LOWER TERRAIN EXCEPT VERY LOCALIZED 4 INCH ACCUMULATIONS IN AND NEAR THE NORTHWEST PLATEAU.
* TIMING... SNOW SHOWERS WILL INCREASE MID TO LATE AFTERNOON AND CONTINUE TONIGHT BEFORE BEGINNING TO DIMINISH TOWARD DAWN.
* WINDS... WIDESPREAD STRONG WINDS ARE NOT EXPECTED... BUT MODERATE WIND SPEEDS OF 10 TO 20 MPH WITH A FEW HIGHER GUSTS WILL CREATE SOME OCCASIONAL BLOWING AND DRIFTING OF SNOW.
* SNOW LEVELS... TEMPERATURES WILL BE COLD ENOUGH FOR SNOW AT ALL LOCATIONS.
* LOCAL IMPACTS... ROADS WILL BECOME SLICK AND HAZARDOUS ACROSS THE ADVISORY AREA. VISIBILITIES WILL BE REDUCED IN AREAS OF HEAVIER SNOW.
If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the Los Alamos Monitor, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.
Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.
If you are new to the award winning Los Alamos Monitor and wish to get a subscription or simply gain access to our online content then please enter your ZIP code below and continue to setup your account.