- Special Sections
- Public Notices
During the winter months, the county would like to remind residents of some important safety considerations for motorists to take, in order to make their travel as safe as possible.
Motorists are encouraged to equip their vehicles with chains and/or snow tires and carry a container of sand and a shovel in their vehicle. Barrels of sand for public use are placed at locations that historically become icy and slick during storms, including:
• San Ildefonso South at both ends of the guardrail;
• North Mesa Road east of the roundabout;
• Near the end of 37th Street off of Diamond Drive;
• At the dead end of Gold Street/Arroyo Lane;
• At the Mesa Public Library lot;
• Near the intersection of State Road 4 and Rover in White Rock;
• Near the intersection of North Road and Quemazon; and
• Other locations within Quemazon, as requested by citizens.
Streets may be snow-packed and slippery during winter storms. Road condition updates will be broadcast on several popular regional TV and radio stations when streets become so hazardous that motorists might encounter delays.
If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the Los Alamos Monitor, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.
Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.
If you are new to the award winning Los Alamos Monitor and wish to get a subscription or simply gain access to our online content then please enter your ZIP code below and continue to setup your account.