- Special Sections
- Public Notices
The National Weather Service issued the following advisory Tuesday morning:
A WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM MDT THIS EVENING...
* LOCATION... THIS INCLUDES MUCH OF WESTERN NEW MEXICO... INCLUDING THE SANTA FE AND ALBUQUERQUE METRO AREAS.
* WINDS... NORTHWEST WINDS 25 TO 35 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 45 MPH.
* TIMING... WIND SPEEDS WILL INCREASE AGAIN EARLY THIS MORNING AND CONTINUE THROUGH THIS AFTERNOON... BEFORE TAPERING OFF EARLY THIS EVENING.
* VISIBILITY... EXPECT LOCALLY REDUCED VISIBILITIES AROUND 1 MILE IN BLOWING DUST.
* LOCAL IMPACTS... EXPECT STRONG AND GUSTY WINDS ON HIGHWAYS. WINDS WILL BE STRONG ENOUGH TO LIFT LOOSE OBJECTS AND CAUSE POSSIBLE LOSS OF CONTROL OF LARGE OR TALL VEHICLES AND TOSS LIGHT OR UNSECURED ITEMS AROUND.
MOTORISTS SHOULD EXERCISE CAUTION WHILE TRAVELING. SUDDEN GUSTS OF WIND MAY CAUSE YOU TO LOSE CONTROL OF YOUR VEHICLE. EXTRA ATTENTION SHOULD BE GIVEN TO CROSS WINDS.
STRONG WINDS ACROSS NEW MEXICO THROUGH TUESDAY...
If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the Los Alamos Monitor, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.
Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.
If you are new to the award winning Los Alamos Monitor and wish to get a subscription or simply gain access to our online content then please enter your ZIP code below and continue to setup your account.