- Special Sections
- Public Notices
As wildfire season begins, residents are urged to attend an informational event called “Wildfire 2013” from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. March 30 in Fuller Lodge. The event is sponsored by the Los Alamos Fire Department, in partnership with several local agencies.
Displays and information include:
• Sand table demonstration of the 2011 Las Conchas Fire presented by LANL Emergency Management
• An opportunity to register cell phone and email addresses with Los Alamos County Emergency Management for emergency notifications from the county
• Information on Defensible Space, Fire Wise and Ready, Set, Go! Programs — learn how to make your home defendable in the event of a wildfire
• Information from Bandelier, USFS and the Valles Calderas National Preserve on what is accessible and plans for the upcoming months for hiking, camping, and activities in their respective areas
• Learn about fire weather from the National Weather Service
• View photos of the Las Conchas Fire, courtesy of the Los Alamos Historical Society
• Learn about the new participatory exhibit Living with Wildfire as presented by the Bradbury Science Museum. • Fire-fighting apparatus on public display with LAFD crews
In addition, Smokey Bear and Sparky the Fire Dog will be on hand to greet children,
If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the Los Alamos Monitor, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.
Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.
If you are new to the award winning Los Alamos Monitor and wish to get a subscription or simply gain access to our online content then please enter your ZIP code below and continue to setup your account.