- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Most people are familiar with caramel apples, but for those who seek a smaller sweet treat, mini caramel apples might just hit the spot. They have recently become very popular — maybe even more popular than their full-size counterparts.
• 4-inch lollipop sticks
• Melon baller
• Granny Smith apples (one apple makes about eight mini apples)
• Butterscotch or peanut butter chips
• Chopped nuts, nonpareils, sprinkles, shredded coconut (optional)
• Small paper candy cups
• Cut the lollipop sticks in half at an angle (the pointy end will go into the apple pieces easier).
• With the melon baller, scoop little balls out of the apple. Each ball should have a section of apple peel. Push half of a lollipop stick into the peel of each ball. Pat the apple pieces dry.
• Melt the chips according to the package directions. Dip and swirl the mini apples in the melted chips, then roll the apples in nuts, sprinkles, nonpareils or coconut, if desired. Place the mini apples in paper candy cups to set.