- Special Sections
- Public Notices
There is a lot of hysteria going on right now about the swine flu. The simple truth is that all you need to do is be smart.
Here are the five things you need to do to keep yourself safe.
• It seems obvious, but it’s very important to actually make sure you wash your hands.
• That you cover your mouth with a tissue or handkerchief when you cough.
• That you use a prescribed medication within 24 hours of contracting swine flu. If you are in the healthcare field and treating others who may have swine flu, you may take it as a preventative medicine.
• You need to track your symptoms.
• Most importantly, call your doctor as soon as a high fever hits.
In other words, be smart.
The state Department of Health is also urging New Mexicans to wash their hands, practice good hygiene and don’t go to work or school if they feel sick, as two more probable cases are reported, bringing the total probable cases in the state to four.
Right now, those are all the precautions residents need against swine flu, Health Secretary Dr. Alfredo Vigil told the Associated Press.
The two new probable cases reported last week were from a 14-year-old girl and a 15-year-old boy from Socorro County. None of New Mexico’s four probable cases have been confirmed.
If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the Los Alamos Monitor, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.
Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.
If you are new to the award winning Los Alamos Monitor and wish to get a subscription or simply gain access to our online content then please enter your ZIP code below and continue to setup your account.