- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Los Alamos Middle School seventh graders will participate in Discover New Mexico Interdisciplinary study day on Thursday.
The interactive and hands-on workshops will be presented from 8 a.m.-2:40 p.m., with a New Mexico theme.
Presenters from around the state will involve students in interactive and hands-on workshops exploring New Mexico history, arts, culture, science and math.
Some of the scheduled math and science topics will include information regarding ongoing research and development at Los Alamos National Laboratory.
The list of scheduled presentations is outlined. Each seventh grade student has registered for five workshops.
• Through the Eyes of New Mexico Raptors – The Wildlife Center;
• Wildlife of New Mexico — Sandia Mountain Natural History Center;
• Northern New Mexico Weaving;
• Native American Painting and Entrepreneurship;
• Santa Clara Pottery;
• Los Alamos Historical Museum;
• Museum of Spanish Colonial Arts — Tinwork;
• Museum of Spanish Colonial Arts — Retablos;
• Bandelier Presentation;
• Traditional Pueblo Games and Arrow-Making Demonstration;
• Flint Knapping;
• Native Plants of New Mexico;
If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the Los Alamos Monitor, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.
Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.
If you are new to the award winning Los Alamos Monitor and wish to get a subscription or simply gain access to our online content then please enter your ZIP code below and continue to setup your account.