- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Residents living in and around the Los Alamos can be screened to reduce their risk of having a stroke or bone fracture. New Beginnings Fellowship Church will host Life Line Screening on Jan. 15 at 112 East Road.
• Four key points every person needs to know:
• Stroke is the third leading cause of death and a leading cause of permanent disability
• 80 percent of stroke victims had no apparent warning signs prior to their stroke
• Preventive ultrasound screenings can help you avoid a stroke
• Screenings are fast, noninvasive, painless, affordable and convenient
Screenings identify potential cardiovascular conditions such as blocked arteries and irregular heart rhythm, abdominal aortic aneurysms and hardening of the arteries in the legs, which is a strong predictor of heart disease. A bone density screening to assess osteoporosis risk is also offered and is appropriate for both men and women.
Packages start at $149. All five screenings take 60-90 minutes to complete. For more information regarding the screenings or to schedule an appointment, call 1-877-237-1287 or visit the website at lifelinescreening.com. Pre-registration is required.