- Special Sections
- Public Notices
The League of Women Voters has been receiving phone calls asking questions about voting. Here are a few answers, with help from Gloria Maestas in the County Clerk’s office:
• When sending an absentee ballot, be sure to sign the outer envelope. You are permitted to fold the ballot in thirds (like a business letter) before putting it in the mailing envelope.
• Absentee ballots require $1 postage.
• You MAY NOT hand-deliver an absentee ballot to the White Rock Fire Station. You MAY hand-deliver an absentee ballot to the County Clerk’s office at Suite D, 2451 Central Ave., the portable building farthest to the west in the old Municipal Building parking lot.
• If you requested an absentee ballot, you must use that ballot to vote.
• Absentee ballots need to be returned to the County Clerk’s Office no later than 7 p.m. on Election Day.
• In-person absentee voting continues at the County Clerk’s office 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday through Friday and from 10 a.m.-6 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 1.
• Early voting continues at the White Rock Fire Station, 129 SR 4, from 10 a.m.-6 p.m. through Saturday, Nov. 1.
Los Alamos League of Women Voters
Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.