- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Anybody who reads my ramblings knows that I like trivia, obscure facts and stuff like that.
Well, my wife came across this on the web and I thought it was interesting enough to pass on. And besides, maybe you can learn something.
• Stewardesses is the longest word typed with only the left hand.
• Lollipop is the longest word typed with your right hand.
• No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver or purple.
• Dreamt is the only English word that ends in the letters “mt.”
• Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing.
• The sentence: “The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog” uses every letter of the alphabet.
• The words racecar, kayak and level are the same whether they are read left to right or right to left. They are palindromes.
• There are only four words in the English language that end in “dous:” tremendous, horrendous, stupendous and hazardous.
• There are two words in the English language that have all five vowels in order: abstemious and facetious.
• Typewriter is the longest word that can be made using the letters only on one row of the keyboard.
• A cat has 32 muscles in each ear.
If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the Los Alamos Monitor, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.
Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.
If you are new to the award winning Los Alamos Monitor and wish to get a subscription or simply gain access to our online content then please enter your ZIP code below and continue to setup your account.