- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Kudos to the members of P & Z and our county council who voted to ignore the will of most Los Alamos citizens. Those who voted for the skate board park location and construction have shown that they too can “stay the course” and ignore all reasoning.
They proved the following:
• It is better to recreate than to educate.
• It is better to reward irresponsible behavior than to correct it.
• $500,000 can be better spent for a few of our youth than for many other good kids who do not skateboard. What will the actual cost be?
• Lessons in good government are a waste of time for our youth and that we owe a select few their fun.
• To some of our youth that “WORK” is a dirty four letter word. “Complain and it will be done for you.”
• Elected officials are commended by how much they spend and not how much they save.
• The sidewalks are for skateboarders and not for pedestrians (especially those who might have hearing problems). The skateboarders have ignored the signs, which have dotted the downtown area for years. It is hard to see that they will suddenly be heeded.
• The police department is the skateboarders’ advocate and not enforcers of the law.
If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the Los Alamos Monitor, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.
Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.
If you are new to the award winning Los Alamos Monitor and wish to get a subscription or simply gain access to our online content then please enter your ZIP code below and continue to setup your account.