- Special Sections
- Public Notices
The Los Alamos Council on Cancer will host a pancreatic cancer seminar. Speakers Katherine Morris, MD, FACS and Lori Ballinger, MS CGC will be on hand to answer questions or concerns about the disease with a very low survival rate.
The seminar begins with a light meal at 5:15 p.m. Nov. 7 at the First Baptist Church, 2200 Diamond Drive. The Q and A session will begin at 6 p.m.
Morris is an assistant professor at the division of surgical oncology at the University Of New Mexico School Of Medicine. Ballinger is a senior genetic counselor and lecturer for the UNM Cancer Center and Hereditary Cancer Assessment Program.
The seminar will cover the following topics concerning pancreatic cancer:
• Pancreatic cancer incidence and mortality in New Mexico
• Genetic and non-genetic risk factors for developing pancreatic cancer
• Pancreatic cancer genetic syndromes and genetic testing
• Modifiable risk factors that reduce the risk of pancreatic cancer
• Review of current screening strategies and ongoing clinical trials
• Pathology in pancreatic cancer and risk of recurrence
• Treatment strategies — the pros and cons
If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the Los Alamos Monitor, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.
Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.
If you are new to the award winning Los Alamos Monitor and wish to get a subscription or simply gain access to our online content then please enter your ZIP code below and continue to setup your account.