- Special Sections
- Public Notices
The Los Alamos Hilltopper boys track and field team was fifth in Saturday’s Cleveland Relays.
Both Los Alamos teams took part in the Cleveland Relays in Rio Rancho. Several events were scored as relays, with competitors’ marks combined to give a team total. At that same meet, the Hilltopper girls were in line for a third-place finish behind the host Storm and La Cueva, although team scores weren’t available in their competition.
Los Alamos’ Zak Kennison, Colin Hemez and Nick Hill ran a sub-10 minute 3200 meters Saturday, taking the Nos. 2, 4 and 6 slots in that race and making a total of four Hilltoppers who have qualified for the state meet in that event.
On the girls side, the team of Talia Dreicer, Amanda Mercer and Nica Vasquez finished first in the 9600 relay with a combined time of 36 minutes, 36.44 seconds.
In all, Los Alamos’ girls won four events.
The Hilltopper 400 relay team of Laura Wendelberger, Celeste Levy, Hayley Schake and Amy Neal won the event and also earned a state qualification mark. Los Alamos won the event at the state meet in 2012.
On the boys side, Los Alamos head coach Matt Felton said he was impressed with his discus tandem of Brady Stokes and Colin Nickless. Nickless and Stokes both had personal best marks of 131-11 and 131-9, the second- and third-best throws in Class 4A this season.
Here are Los Alamos’ results from Saturday’s Cleveland Relays:
1. Los Alamos (Talia Dreicer, Amanda Mercer, Nica Vasquez), 36:36.44.
5. Los Alamos (Cassidy Reeves, Julia O’Brien, Mikayla Pulliam, Amy Neal), 4:19.10.
4. Los Alamos (Chelsea Chalacombe, Destiny Fellers, Sophia Galvez, Laura Wendelberger), 1:14.31.
4. Celeste Levy, 12.98.
6. Los Alamos (Venessa Martinez, Haley Butler-Moore, Sara Stubben, Sophia Galvez), 10:55.58.
4. Los Alamos (Laura Wendelberger, Chelsea Chalacombe, Destiny Fellers), 2:37.03.
1. Los Alamos (Mikayla Pulliam, Amanda Mercer, Teresa Sandoval), 16:55.00.
1. Los Alamos (Laura Wendelberger, Celeste Levy, Hayley Schake, Amy Neal), 50.48.
Long jump relay
2. Los Alamos (Laura Wendelberger, Jackie Cooke, Christina Moore), 42-8.
Triple jump relay
6. Los Alamos (Allison Rooney, Jordan Ahlers, Christina Moore), 61-5.
Pole vault relay
3. Los Alamos (Amy Neal, Morgan Schake, Hallie Thayer), 21-9.
High jump relay
3. Los Alamos (Laura Wendelberger, Destiny Fellers, Allison Rooney), 13-6.
Los Alamos (Sam Fenner, Morgan Schake, Sarah Tripplehorn), 204-11.
Los Alamos (Chelsea Chalacombe, Morgan Schake, Ashley Land), 78-3.
Los Alamos (Sam Fenner, Sarah Tripplehorn, Ashley Land), 155-5.
1. Cleveland, 148; 2. La Cueva, 77; 3. Volcano Vista, 63; 4. Rio Rancho, 61; 5. Los Alamos, 51; 6. Albuquerque Academy, 50; 7. Hope Christian, 35; 8. West Mesa, 5; (tie) Pojoaque, 5; 10. Albuquerque, 1.
2. Nick Hill, 9:49.63; 4. Zak Kennison, 9:55.24; 6. Colin Hemez, 9:58.49.
3. Los Alamos (Xavier Dennsion, Dallin Parker, Simon Heath, Gabe Montoya), 44.82.
3. Los Alamos (Brady Stokes, Nathan Skrimshaw, Nate Matteson, Daniel Dunning), 1:10.90.
Gabe Montoya, 11.89.
2. Sean Reardon, 4:29.17; Orion Staples, 4:44.67; Mike Walker, 4:45.30.
Daniel Dunning, 43.71; Brady Stokes, 44.66; Nate Matteson, 45.30.
5. Los Alamos (Zak Kennison, Colin Hemez, Hayden Walker, Nick Hill), 8:48.80.
Los Alamos (Xavier Dennison, Dallin Parker, Sam Ortiz, Simon Heath), 1:36.88.
Los Alamos (Skyler McCall, Alexi Ortega, Arnoldo Ortiz, James Higdon), 3:45.94.
Colin Nickless, 39-3 3/4; Diego Madrid, 36-5; Lucas Rock, 33-3 1/2.
Colin Nickless, 131-11; Brady Stokes, 131-9 1/2; Logan Cunico, 95-8 1/2.
4. Brady Stokes, 153-3; Logan Cunico, 121-0; Diego Madrid, 113-9.
Daniel Dunning, 17-6 1/2; Simon Heath, 16-10 1/2; Gabe Montoya, 16-9.
Daniel Dunning, 39-4; Skyler McCall, 34-10; Koby Cotter, 31-11.
5. Skyler McCall, 5-10; Nathan Skrimshaw, 5-6.
5. Seth Drop, 11-6; Dallin Parker, 10-0; James Higdon, 9-0.