- Special Sections
- Public Notices
• Reauthorize the Pandemic and All-Hazards Preparedness Act (PAHPA);
• Assure sufficient, dedicated funds for public health preparedness to ensure basic capabilities to respond to threats public health departments face every day and also to have the trained experts and systems in place to act quickly in the face of major, unexpected emergencies;
• Provide ongoing support to communities so they better cope and recover from emergencies;
• Modernize bio-surveillance to a real-time, interoperable system to better detect and respond to problems;
• Seriously address antibiotic resistance;
• Improve research, development and manufacturing of medical countermeasures;
• Increase readiness for extreme weather events; and
• Update the nation’s food safety system.
The full report is available at healthyamericans.org. Look for the report titled “Ready or Not.”
Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.