- Special Sections
- Public Notices
The First Santa Fe Green Chile Cheeseburger Smackdown at the Railyard attracted hundreds of burger lovers last weekend.
Judging from the number of burgers consumed and the satisfied smiles, the Green Chile Cheeseburger Smackdown, is destined to be the first of many more to come.
After all seven competitors were done and the judges’ points and people’s choices were tallied Santa Fe Mayor David Coss announced the two winners:
Overall Winner: The Original Realburger
People’s Choice: Cowgirl BBQ
John Chavez, owner of Realburger, thanked his family who helped him cook the winning burger and the many others that fed the hungry crowd.
Chef Patrick Lambert of Cowgirl BBQ was clearly delighted to be endorsed by the people of Santa Fe. Each burger was tasted and awarded points by a panel judges:
• Cheryl Jamison — James Beard Award winner, well-known cookbook author and one of the country’s foremost authorities on barbecue, grilling and smoke cooking.
• Michael Bauer, long-time food critic for the San Francisco Chronicle.
• Cathy Barber, food, travel and lifestyle editor for the Dallas Morning News.
• Kate Krader, Restaurant Editor for Food and Wine magazine.
• Ellise Pierce, cookbook author and new Santa Fe resident.
If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the Los Alamos Monitor, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.
Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.
If you are new to the award winning Los Alamos Monitor and wish to get a subscription or simply gain access to our online content then please enter your ZIP code below and continue to setup your account.