- Special Sections
- Public Notices
What is organic?
Organic ingredients are grown without the use of synthetic pesticides, herbicides or fertilizers and do not contain genetically modified or other artificial ingredients. Organic meat and dairy come from animals that eat organic feed and are not given growth hormones or antibiotics.
1. Organic products meet stringent standards. Organic certification is the public’s assurance that products have been grown and handled according to strict procedures without persistent toxic chemical imputs.
2. Organic food tastes great. Well-balanced soils produce strong, healthy plants that become nourishing food for people and animals.
3. Organic production reduces health risks. Many EPA-approved pesticides were registered long before extensive research linked these chemicals to cancer and other diseases. 4. Organic farms respect our water resources. The elimination of polluting chemicals and nitrogen leaching, done in combination with soil building, protects and conserves water resources.
5. Organic farmer build healthy soil. Soil is the foundation of the food chain.
6. Organic producers are leaders in innovative research. Organic farmers have led the way, largely at their own expense, with innovative on-farm research aimed at reducing pesticide use and minimizing agriculture’s impact on the environment.
If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the Los Alamos Monitor, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.
Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.
If you are new to the award winning Los Alamos Monitor and wish to get a subscription or simply gain access to our online content then please enter your ZIP code below and continue to setup your account.