- Special Sections
- Public Notices
This fire season, local, state and federal land management agencies within the Southwest Area will use a new interagency website, Firerestrictions.us and other tools to communicate fire restrictions and closure information.
At this time, there are no wildland fire restrictions or closures in effect across the Southwest Area, which includes Arizona, New Mexico, west Texas and the Oklahoma Panhandle. As weather conditions continue to become warmer and drier, individuals are urged to be fire safe as they work and play outside.
Firerestrictions.us highlights include:
• Dynamic Google based map — residents and visitors can find restriction and closure information by clicking on the county/management unit—forest or park, of interest.
• Fire restriction and closure information in text format with links to specific agency information.
• Stage and closure definitions.
• RSS feeds.
• The new website will not replace existing websites or information hotlines. The website will be “linked to” from other state wildfire information websites and agency websites.
• Site disclaimer — the website is not a real-time, although the goal is to keep the website updated with accurate information.
If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the Los Alamos Monitor, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.
Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.
If you are new to the award winning Los Alamos Monitor and wish to get a subscription or simply gain access to our online content then please enter your ZIP code below and continue to setup your account.