- Special Sections
- Public Notices
The Los Alamos County Council is considering renaming the “Airport Basin Site.” This site is the new home of county and schools’ facilities and is located in the bowl-shaped basin north of De Colores Restaurant on N.M. 502. Council would like to gather feedback from the citizens about a new name for the site. Here is a description of the buildings:
• Building H is the Painting and Striping building for the County’s Traffic Division.
• Building C houses the county’s Traffic, Transit, Pavement and Facilities staff.
• Building D houses county Utilities, Parks and Risk staff.
• Building B houses the Los Alamos Public School’s Fleet, Operations and Maintenance staff.
• Building E houses the county’s Fleet and Warehouse staff.
There is also a Vehicle Wash Facility and Fuels Facility on the site.
Residents can visit the county’s Web site at www.losalamosnm.us and review the project maps and then submit suggestions to the county any of the following ways:
• E-mail them to the County Administrator’s Office: email@example.com.
• Drop them off at the 311 Customer Care Center (150 Central Park Square)
• Mail them to CAO at 133 Central Park Square, Los Alamos, NM 87544
Suggestions should be submitted no later than May 2. The County Council will consider all suggestions and discuss the name change at their May 18 council meeting at 7 p.m. in the White Rock Town Hall. Citizens are also invited to suggest new names for the roadway leading from N.M. 502 to the new Entrada Business Park and Airport Basin Site. If the Council decides to rename the site, they could also decide to formally change the name of the roadway to more closely align with the new name.