- Special Sections
- Public Notices
The National Weather Service has issued the following advisory for Tuesday:
WIND ADVISORY NOW IN EFFECT FROM 11 AM THIS MORNING TO 8 PM MDT THIS EVENING...
THE WIND ADVISORY IS NOW IN EFFECT FROM 11 AM THIS MORNING TO 8 PM MDT THIS EVENING.
* LOCATION... THIS INCLUDES CENTRAL AND MUCH OF EASTERN NEW MEXICO.
* WINDS... SOUTHWEST 25 TO 35 MPH WITH GUSTS FROM 50 TO 55 MPH.
* TIMING... STRONG WINDS WILL DEVELOP OVER THE HIGH TERRAIN BY LATE MORNING... THEN SPREAD TO LOWER ELEVATIONS BY THE EARLY AFTERNOON HOURS. WIND SPEEDS WILL BEGIN TO DECREASE BELOW HAZARDOUS LEVELS TOWARD SUNSET.
* VISIBILITY... EXPECT LOCAL VISIBILITY REDUCTIONS IN BLOWING DUST.
* LOCAL IMPACTS... HAZARDOUS WINDS WILL IMPACT NORTHWEST TO SOUTHEAST ORIENTED ROADS. LOOSE OBJECTS MAY BECOME AIRBORNE.
MOTORISTS SHOULD EXERCISE CAUTION WHILE TRAVELLING. SUDDEN GUSTS OF WIND MAY CAUSE YOU TO LOSE CONTROL OF YOUR VEHICLE. EXTRA ATTENTION SHOULD BE GIVEN TO CROSS WINDS.
If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the Los Alamos Monitor, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.
Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.
If you are new to the award winning Los Alamos Monitor and wish to get a subscription or simply gain access to our online content then please enter your ZIP code below and continue to setup your account.