- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Six Native American businesses received grants through a new Native American Venture Acceleration Fund created by Los Alamos National Security, LLC and the Regional Development Corporation.
The grants are designed to help the recipients create jobs, increase their revenue base and help diversify the area economy.
Funding comes from LANS, which manages Los Alamos National Laboratory and the New Mexico Indian Affairs Department. The Native American Venture Acceleration Fund is managed by the Regional Development Corporation.
Grant recipients are:
• San Ildefonso Development Corporation, $20,500, for upgrades to existing account software and training.
• Three Eagles Development Corporation, Picuris Pueblo, $10,800, update computer and accounting systems, software and hardware.
• Cochiti Pueblo Development Corporation, $20,000, restructuring of the corporation to include establishing an environmental services firm.
• Avanyu Construction Services, LLC, San Ildefonso and Ohkay Owingeh pueblos, $25,000, new accounting software to fulfill federal contracting requirements and begin 8A (small disadvantaged business) certification process.
• Sunbeam Indian Art, San Ildefonso Pueblo, $3,400, develop website capabilities to increase online sales.
Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.