- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Business owners who want to learn more about doing business with LANL or other government agencies are encouraged to attend the Northern New Mexico Resource Fair from 8-11 a.m. Dec. 5 at the Ohkay Owingeh Convention Center, north of Española.
At the resource fair, attendees can
• get up-to-date information on how to register their business with various state government agencies
• learn how to become more successful in bidding for contracts from LANL and other government agencies
• learn how to certify their business as a small business
• connect with available business resources
• network with other businesses
• learn about the WorkKeys skills assessment program.
“This resource fair is designed to give businesses more knowledge about procurement processes and upcoming opportunities from LANL, LANL subcontractors, the state of New Mexico, local governments and other large organizations in need of goods and services in 2013,” said Kathy Keith, executive director of the Regional Development Corporation. “We encourage local businesses to come and learn about available resources.”
“This event is a way for Los Alamos National Laboratory and Los Alamos National Security, LLC to collaborate with key partners to help strengthen existing businesses in Northern New Mexico,” said Vangie Trujillo of LANL’s Community Programs Office.
The Regional Development Corporation is the primary sponsor of the resource fair. Other sponsors include Los Alamos National Security, LLC, LANL’s Small Business Program and Community Programs offices, the Los Alamos Major Subcontractors Consortium, New Mexico Small Business Development Centers’ Procurement Technical Assistance Program, the Española Chamber of Commerce and the New Mexico Economic Development Department.
The Ohkay Owingeh Convention Center is off of N.M. 68, two miles north of Española. There is ample parking at the center.