- Special Sections
- Public Notices
“I move that the administration work with teaching staff to give priority to the following actions:
• Review district-promulgated programs and policies that reduce instructional time with students
• Identify district discretionary programs that can be suspended
• Review state-mandated programs and identify minimum requirements to accomplish program direction.
• Identify requirements that cause significant reduction in teacher’s available instructional time.
• And, direct administration to come before the Board at the November 12th meeting with the following response;
• District discretionary programs that have been suspended
• District discretionary programs requiring Board review and approval before being suspended
• State program requirements that are having an undue impact on instructional time, and further,
• And that the administration comes before the Board with a draft letter to the Public Education Department stating the district’s commitment to:
• Excellence in education
• Achievement and growth for all students
• An effective, research-based teacher evaluation system coordinated with an individualized professional development program for instructional staff
If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the Los Alamos Monitor, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.
Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.
If you are new to the award winning Los Alamos Monitor and wish to get a subscription or simply gain access to our online content then please enter your ZIP code below and continue to setup your account.