- Special Sections
- Public Notices
The New Mexico Poison and Drug Information Center (NMPDIC) recommends the following holiday tips to protect our family, friends and neighbors from a potential poisoning:
• Wash hands well with warm water and soap before and after food preparation, especially raw meat/eggs
• Wash utensils, containers, counter tops and cutting boards well before and after food preparation.
• Use separate cutting boards for meat products.
• Cook all meats to the recommended internal temperature.
• Refrigerate all perishable items no more than two hours after a meal.
• Avoid storing raw meat above prepared food as contaminated fluid may drip or seep.
• Keep all alcoholic beverages out of the reach of children and beware of unfinished alcoholic beverages—as little as 3 oz. of hard liquor can be fatal to a child weighing 25 pounds.
• Angel Hair is made up of spun glass which can severely irritate the eyes and mouth, causing a lot of pain.
• Snow spray can cause severe damage if sprayed directly into eye.
• Do not ingest the liquid in snow globes as harmful bacteria can accumulate.
If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the Los Alamos Monitor, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.
Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.
If you are new to the award winning Los Alamos Monitor and wish to get a subscription or simply gain access to our online content then please enter your ZIP code below and continue to setup your account.