- Special Sections
- Public Notices
To kick off this year’s Los Alamos Summer Concert Series, there will be a fundraiser with an auction — with several items that were donated by local businesses and members of the community.
The event starts at 7 tonight at the Los Alamos Posse Lodge with music by DK & the Affordables, with special guests musician Eddy Partridge of the Nomads fame and James Carothers of the Renegade Mountain Band.
The silent and live auction will begin at 8:30 p.m. All funds goes into the 2014 Los Alamos County Summer Concert Series. Only cash and checks will be accepted.
The price of the event is $15 per person and $25 per couple.
The food items available will be hand-pressed hamburgers or cheeseburgers cooked on a grill with all the fixings, including green chile, lettuce, onions, etc. The dinner comes with Aunt Annie’s coleslaw, Mama Debe’s Texas baked beans and soda for $8. If the food items do not appeal, the public is free to bring its own refreshments.
The Summer Series line-up starts May 16 at Overlook Park and then moves to the new stage at Ashley Pond on May 23. The complete schedule of entertainment will be available next week.
Auction Items for 2014 Summer Concert Series:
• Personal two hour plane ride in Cessna 210 with Rob Heineman around northern New Mexico Value.
• Photograph by Kimber Heineman
• $50 gift certificate for Uli’s Cottontails: Gift certificate for one hour soak for two people to the The Giggling Springs Natural Hot Mineral Water Outdoor Soaking Pool in Jemez.
• Artist’s sketch journal from Village Arts on DP Road
• Pitcher and three cups from the Fuller Lodge Art Center
• One acupuncture session from Henry Ahlefelder, DOM at the Acupuncture Center of Los Alamos. Value $100
• One chiropractic session with Nancy Savoia, DC at Los Alamos Chiropractic. Value $85 to $100
• $25 gift certificate to Fusion Cafe and Coffee Roasters
• Dinner for two to Blue Window Bistro. Dinner only, does not include alcohol or gratuity
• $50 gift certificate from Pajarito Brewpub
• Three separate $17 gift certificates for haircut at David’s Old Fashioned Barber Shop
• $50 gift certificate for dinner or lodging at Rancho de Chimayó Restaurante or Hacienda Rancho de Chimayó
• 30-day membership to Los Alamos YMCA
• One month Membership to Los Alamos Fitness Center
• Necklace from Jennifer and David Moss
• Gift certificate from Bennett’s Fine Jewelry
• Gift certificate from UPEX
• Jewelry from Andrea Pistone
• Art from Chelsea Nichola
• One month membership to CrossFit Los Alamos-Mesa Elite Fitness. Eight sessions in a month. $150 value
• Cooking class at Red Sage Restaurant at Buffalo Thunder Resort
• Wine tour with Cindy Capelli’s New Mexico Wine Tours
• Pamper yourself at Enrique’s Boutique Salon — Cut and style. $150 value
• Guitar player statue by Annie Bard
• Wall hanging quilt by Katy Korkos
• Something from Roger Waterman and Emily McGay
• Concert for your party by DK & the Affordables. $700 value
• CD and T-shirt from DK & the Affordables
• Handmade batik silk scarf by Jocelyn Warner