- Special Sections
- Public Notices
The National Weather Service issued the following Winter Weather Advisory just before noon Monday:
WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO 6 PM MST TUESDAY...
A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO 6 PM MST TUESDAY.
* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS... 1 TO 3 INCHES... EXCEPT 3 TO 6 INCHES ABOVE 7500 FEET.
* TIMING... RAIN AND SNOW SHOWERS WILL INCREASE IN COVERAGE AND INTENSITY THIS EVENING THEN CHANGE OVER TO ALL SNOW BY LATE IN THE EVENING. SNOW SHOWERS WILL BE MODERATE AT TIMES THROUGH TUESDAY MORNING... THEN DECREASE IN COVERAGE AND INTENSITY LATE TUESDAY AFTERNOON.
* WINDS... WEST TO SOUTHWEST 15 TO 25 MPH... EXCEPT STRONGER OVER RIDGE TOPS.
* SNOW LEVELS... SNOW LEVELS WILL BEGIN AROUND 8000 FEET EARLY THIS EVENING THEN DROP TO THE LOWEST ELEVATIONS BY MIDNIGHT. SNOW LEVELS WILL THEN RISE GRADUALLY TO NEAR 7500 FEET TUESDAY AFTERNOON.
* LOCAL IMPACTS... HAZARDOUS DRIVING CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED ALONG WITH VISIBILITIES UNDER ONE MILE AT TIMES IN SNOW.
If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the Los Alamos Monitor, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.
Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.
If you are new to the award winning Los Alamos Monitor and wish to get a subscription or simply gain access to our online content then please enter your ZIP code below and continue to setup your account.