.....Advertisement.....
.....Advertisement.....

Firefighters save mobile home

-A A +A
By Tris DeRoma

A fire broke out inside a mobile home Tuesday at Royal Crest on 2025 East Jemez Road at 8:15 p.m. Monday night. No one inside the home was injured.
The fire was caused by fireplace embers inside the home, which is on lot inside the park.
The fire spread to the ceiling and floor, but firefighters from the Los Alamos Fire Department managed to stop it by pulling out sections of the floor and ceiling.
Even though firefighters were dealing with a highly flammable structure and high winds, firefighters were able to save the home.
“They were able to put it out without the fire extending throughout the house,” said LAFD Deputy Chief Steve Dawald. “We had a few things stacked against us and the homeowner, but luckily a quick response with Station 1 right down the street, we were able to get on top of the situation very quickly which led to a very successful save.”
Dawald made sure the two occupants had places to go Monday night after the fire. They were also given Red Cross contact numbers in case they needed assistance.