- Special Sections
- Public Notices
In an effort to maintain environmental quality, county councilors have asked members of the Environmental Sustainability Board to provide them with recommendations for objectives under the council’s strategic goal for maintaining environmental quality.
Because of the request, the Environmental Sustainability Board held a work session on Dec. 11 to develop recommendations to present to council.
The board is hoping to get the recommendations ready to present at council’s next strategic planning session, which is tentatively scheduled for sometime in February.
During the work session, Environmental Sustainability Board members came up with the following objectives that they plan on recommending to council:
• Demonstrate sustainable design, renewable energy and green operations in county facilities.
• Pursue community-wide independence from hydrocarbon energy sources.
• Take bold actions to conserve water and energy.
• Maximize recycling, waste reduction and reuse.
• Increase the use of products with positive environmental attributes.
If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the Los Alamos Monitor, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.
Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.
If you are new to the award winning Los Alamos Monitor and wish to get a subscription or simply gain access to our online content then please enter your ZIP code below and continue to setup your account.