- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Winter weather is here, county officials offer residents some safety considerations for motorists to take in order to make their travel as safe as possible.
Motorists are encouraged to equip their vehicles with chains and/or snow tires and carry a container of sand and a shovel in their vehicle. Barrels of sand for public use are placed at locations that historically become icy and slick during storms, including:
• San Ildefonso South at both ends of the guardrail
• North Mesa Road east of the roundabout
• Near the end of 37th Street off of Diamond Drive
• At the dead end of Gold Street/Arroyo Lane
• Near the intersection of N.M. 4 and Rover in White Rock
• Near the intersection of North Road and Quemazon
• Other locations within Quemazon
Streets may be snow-packed and slippery during winter storms. Road condition updates will be broadcast on several popular regional TV and radio stations when streets become so hazardous that motorists might encounter delays.
It is the responsibility of every motorist to have their vehicle properly equipped and serviced to handle such conditions, and to drive their vehicle carefully and courteously during adverse conditions.
Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.