- Special Sections
- Public Notices
To determine how to handle the 16 newest capital improvement project (CIP) applications, Los Alamos County Council agreed Tuesday night to hold a special meeting at 7 p.m. Dec. 15 in council chambers to further discuss the proposed projects.
County Administrator Tony Mortillaro recommended to the council during their regular meeting to approve a budget amendment of $690,000 for fiscal year 2011 to fund phase one studies for:
• Los Alamos Ice Rink bathroom, lift, station, parking, cover and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) improvements – $240,000;
• Ashley Pond improvements focused on health and safety, which includes sidewalks, ADA improvements, storm water and water quality issues – $100,000;
• White Rock Civic Center – $200,000; and
• Teen Center – $150,000.
Mortillaro recommended that the remaining proposed projects be discussed as part of the budget development in FY 2012. The total funding requests for FY 2012 would be $900,000.
The remaining projects are, in order:
• Golf course improvements – $75,000
• Pajarito Environmental Education Center – $120,000
• Oppenheimer intersection improvements – $150,000
• Anaerobic digestion of horse manure – $30,000
If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the Los Alamos Monitor, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.
Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.
If you are new to the award winning Los Alamos Monitor and wish to get a subscription or simply gain access to our online content then please enter your ZIP code below and continue to setup your account.