- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Los Alamos County Council has unanimously approved comprehensive changes to the traffic and vehicle code that updates it and brings it into conformity with state law. Code changes include an updated fee structure for traffic violations.
“This started out as a review of the vehicle code, by looking at the changes that were made in the most recent legislative session and to make sure those changes that were made this year would be incorporated into our code,” said Assistant County Attorney Katie Thwaits. “During that review we realized that there were many sections of the traffic code that needed to be updated to be in compliance with State law.”
Key changes include:
• The section governing Driving Under the Influence now includes language governing ignition interlocks.
• A new section governing construction zones.
• A new section allowing for removal of a vehicle after a written warning has been issued.
• A new section governing sun screening for vehicle windows.
• A provision allowing for citations to be signed and filed with the court electronically, although the person cited must receive a physical copy.
• The current “handicap parking” designation will be changed to “significant mobility limitation.”
If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the Los Alamos Monitor, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.
Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.
If you are new to the award winning Los Alamos Monitor and wish to get a subscription or simply gain access to our online content then please enter your ZIP code below and continue to setup your account.