- Special Sections
- Public Notices
The Los Alamos Public Health Office, in conjunction with Los Alamos Public Schools, will conduct a free, one-time-only H1N1 (Swine Flu) vaccination clinic for Los Alamos and White Rock school-aged children (pre-K through 12).
The clinic will run from 8 a.m. to noon Saturday at White Rock Fire Station #3 across from the Hampton Inn on SR 4.
Note the following:
• The vaccine will be nasal mist only (this is a live vaccine); and
• All children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. There will be consent forms on site for the parent to complete and sign.
Parking at the fire station will be limited so carpooling is strongly encouraged. In addition, LAPS will provide bus service on Saturday as follows:
• From Los Alamos to White Rock, buses will pick up students and parents at Duane Smith Auditorium at Los Alamos High School with pick-ups starting at 7:30 a.m. and continuing back and forth until 1 p.m.
• Within White Rock, buses will pick up at Pinon Elementary and the parking lot adjacent to the Conoco Station in White Rock and continue circulating from 7:30 a.m. until 1 p.m.
• Children nine years and younger will require two doses. The initial dose, followed by a booster that must be administered no less than 28 days after the first dose; and
• If the child has already received an initial dose and only needs the booster vaccine, the parent must bring written proof of having received the first dose.
Visit www.losalamosnm.us for more H1N1 general information, or call the Los Alamos Public Health Office at 662-4038.