- Special Sections
- Public Notices
To all my friends, liberal or conservative. F.Y.I.
George Bush has been in office for 7 years. The first six the economy was fine. A little over one year ago:
1) Consumer confidence stood at a 21/2 year high
2) Regular gasoline sold for $2.19 a gallon,
3) The unemployment rate was 4.5 percent.
4) The Dow Jones hit a record high 14,000+
5) American’s were buying new cars, taking cruises, vacations overseas, living large! But American’s wanted ‘Change’! So in 2006 they voted in a Democratic Congress and yes we got ‘Change’ all right.
In the past year:
1) Consumer confidence has plummeted;
2) Gasoline has gone up to almost $4 a gallon;
3) Unemployment is up to 5.5 percent (a 10 percent increase),
4) Americans have seen their home equity drop by $12 Trillion and prices are still dropping,
5) 1 percent of American homes are in foreclosure.
6) As I write, the Dow is probing another low, $2.5 Trillion dollars has evaporated from their stocks, bonds & mutual funds investment portfolios! Yes in 2006 America voted for change. And we sure got it. Remember the President has no control over any of these issues, only Congress.
If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the Los Alamos Monitor, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.
Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.
If you are new to the award winning Los Alamos Monitor and wish to get a subscription or simply gain access to our online content then please enter your ZIP code below and continue to setup your account.