- Special Sections
- Public Notices
To all my friends, liberal or conservative. F.Y.I.
George Bush has been in office for 7 years. The first six the economy was fine. A little over one year ago:
1) Consumer confidence stood at a 21/2 year high
2) Regular gasoline sold for $2.19 a gallon,
3) The unemployment rate was 4.5 percent.
4) The Dow Jones hit a record high 14,000+
5) American’s were buying new cars, taking cruises, vacations overseas, living large! But American’s wanted ‘Change’! So in 2006 they voted in a Democratic Congress and yes we got ‘Change’ all right.
In the past year:
1) Consumer confidence has plummeted;
2) Gasoline has gone up to almost $4 a gallon;
3) Unemployment is up to 5.5 percent (a 10 percent increase),
4) Americans have seen their home equity drop by $12 Trillion and prices are still dropping,
5) 1 percent of American homes are in foreclosure.
6) As I write, the Dow is probing another low, $2.5 Trillion dollars has evaporated from their stocks, bonds & mutual funds investment portfolios! Yes in 2006 America voted for change. And we sure got it. Remember the President has no control over any of these issues, only Congress.
And what has Congress done in the last two years, absolutely nothing. And now the Democratic candidate for President claims he is going to really give us change along with a Democratic Congress!
Just how much more ‘Change’ do you thing you can stand?