- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Trinity on the Hill Episcopal Church’s thrift shop, the Shop on the Corner, has been a ministry of the parish from the early years.
The shop is open on Wednesday mornings during the school year, but with school ending May 23, the shop is having a blow out sale the May 17. The hope is to empty the shelves and racks because there is no place to store items. What is not sold will be given away to regional charities. Donations will be accepted again after Aug. 1, as the shop prepares to reopen when school resumes.
The sale will be held from 7 a.m.-noon May 17 in the Shop area (Sunday school wing) and outside the doors, spreading out to the parking lot on Trinity Drive. Call the church office at 662-5107 with any questions.
The shop set a record in 2007 for sales and was able to give grants to the following agencies:
• Casa Angelica in Albuquerque;
• Casa Esperanza in Albuquerque;
• Esperanza Shelter in Santa Fe;
• New Mexico Boys and Girls Ranches;
• St. Elizabeth’s Shelter in Santa Fe;
• Albuquerque Rescue Mission;
• The Storehouse in Albuquerque;
• Joy Junction in Albuquerque;
• Bienvenidos in Santa Fe; and
• Los Alamos Family Council.
In addition, funds were depleted last year by giving a grant to the TOTH Building Fund.
Surplus donations were passed on to such groups as Goodwill, the Salvation Army, The Storehouse, St. Elizabeth’s Shelter and Hope Pregnancy Center.
Fire victims, nursing homes, needy local school children, the Children's Bazaar and the House of Hope Women also received assistance.