- Special Sections
- Public Notices
• The Los Alamos Community of Atheists will host a general discussion meeting from 6:30 to 8 p.m. in meeting room 1 of the Mesa Public Library. For more information, find us on Facebook or email email@example.com.
• Authors Speak Series with David Grant Noble, author of “In the Places of the Spirits,” 7 p.m., Mesa Public Library Upstairs Rotunda.
• Veterans’ Benefits Outreach in Los Alamos. Two NMDVS Veterans’ Service Officers will be available to help veterans with VA and State Veterans’ benefits. 10 a.m. to noon. Mesa Public Library.
• Community Blood Drive. 7 p.m., First Baptist Church, 2200 Diamond Drive.
• Book Fair at the LAMC Auxiliary. 10:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., in the Doctor’s Lobby Area. For more information call Betty Myers, 662-4669.
• Los Alamos Tuff Riders Mountain Bike Club rides every Tuesday and Thursday leaving at 5:30 p.m. at the Sullivan Field parking lot. For more information, go to tuffriders.losalamos.com.
• The Boy Scouts of America annual “Fire-Up for Scouting” Cub Scout registration event at fire stations; 6:30 to 8 p.m., Fire Station No. 5, on 4401 Diamond Drive, across from the golf course in Los Alamos. Boys who will graduate from kindergarten through fourth grades (5-10 years old) can be registered for the Cub Scouting program, including summer activities such as June Day Camp. Fire station firefighters will give the boys and family member tours of the fire trucks and station during the registration event. Parents can sign up boys at either the Los Alamos or White Rock events. Please bring a checkbook for payment of annual dues.
• Guitar program with Michael Chapdelaine. 7:30 p.m. at Fuller Lodge. Tickets are $15 and LAAC members $10 at CB Fox and at the door. For more information, visit michaelchapdelaine.com.
• Community Blood Drive. 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., First Baptist Church, 2200 Diamond Drive.
• Book Fair at the LAMC Auxiliary. 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., in the Doctor’s Lobby Area. For more information call Betty Myers, 662-4669.
• Cathy Faber’s Swinging Country Band. 7-10 p.m. at the Los Alamos Sheriff’s Posse Lodge, 650 Mesa Road. Free dance lessons from 6-7 p.m. $15 per person, $25 per couple. $8 burger or brat dinner, $8. Proceeds support the Sheriff’s Posse Lodge. For more information call Carey at 412-7845.
• The Los Alamos League of Women Voters potluck lunch at 11:45 a.m., followed by Michael Sharp presenting “Redistricting: Process and Principles”: Bethlehem Evangelical Lutheran Church, 2390 North Road.
• The 17th Annual Friends of the Shelter Dog Jog is set to kick off at 9 a.m. The starting line is at Chamisa School in White Rock. The registration desk opens at 8 a.m. The event includes a sanctioned 5K run and a 3.5K walk. FOS is sponsoring a $20 reduced fee microchip clinic from 9 to 10:30 a.m. at Chamisa School. The fee includes the registration of the microchip to a national database. The clinic is open to the public regardless of participation in the Dog Jog.
• The annual Rose Pruning Workshop organized by the Los Alamos County Extension Office will be 9 a.m., in the Los Alamos Rose Garden near Fuller Lodge. Local rose expert, Lee Builta, will conduct the workshop and assist attendees in their pruning efforts. All are welcome.
• Student Musicales presented by the Los Alamos Music Teachers Association. 2 p.m. University of New Mexico, Los Alamos campus, building 2. Public is welcome and refreshments will be provided.
• Phi Beta Kappa Annual Banquet. 5:30 p.m., Sunday at Fuller Lodge Art Center. Los Alamos members and their guests honoring the Los Alamos High School Senior honor graduates. Guest speaker Dr. Momchilo Vuyisich. For more information, call or email Joyce Guzik, firstname.lastname@example.org, 672-0249.
• Parents of current Los Alamos High School sophomores are invited to attend Sophomore Parent Night, 6:30 p.m. in the Speech Theater. There will be some focus on summer programs and community service, as well as early college classes/dual enrollment. For more information contact the LAHS Guidance Office at 663-2797.
Habitat for Humanity of the Española Valley and Los Alamos, Inc. Board of Directors meets the fourth Thursday of each month at 6:15 p.m. The meetings alternate between Española and Los Alamos. For more information, call 505-747-2690 or visit habitatevla.org. Meetings are open to the public and interested parties are welcome.
The Lions Club meets at 84 Barcelona in White Rock on the first and third Thursdays. For more information, call 672-3300 or 672-9563.
The Los Alamos Table Tennis Club meets from 7:30-10 p.m. Tuesdays; and from 9:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Saturdays, at the Betty Ehart Senior Center, lower level. On Tuesday, there is a fee of $2 per player. There is no charge on Saturday. For more information, contact Avadh Saxena at AVADH—S@hotmail.com or Ed Stein at 662-7472.
Kiwanis Club of Los Alamos meets Tuesdays from Noon-1 p.m. at the Masonic Lodge.
The Rotary Club of Los Alamos meets at 11:45 a.m. every Tuesday at the Dixie Girl restaurant, 1789 Central Ave.