- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Welcome to February and the Asset category of Social Competencies.
This category includes Assets 32 through 36 and is defined as follows;
32. Planning and decision making — Young person knows how to plan ahead and make choices.
33. Interpersonal competence — Young person has empathy, sensitivity, and friendship skills.
34. Cultural competence — Young person has knowledge of and comfort with people of different cultural/racial/ethnic backgrounds.
35. Resistance skills — Young person can resist negative peer pressure and dangerous situations.
36. Peaceful conflict resolution — Young person seeks to resolve conflict nonviolently.
If you don’t mind, I’ll put No. 32 on hold for this week, lack of planning on my part, and jump to No. 33, Interpersonal competence.
For our focus this week, I’d like to highlight having empathy and sensitivity.
During the course of the last week, I learned that one of our Los Alamos High School custodians lost his home in a fire on Jan. 15.
While Tony Romero and his son were asleep, their house caught on fire and they escaped with just the clothes on their backs.
Hopefully you know my fondness for custodians, the keepers of the house. The hard workers that don’t get celebrated as often as they should.
If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the Los Alamos Monitor, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.
Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.
If you are new to the award winning Los Alamos Monitor and wish to get a subscription or simply gain access to our online content then please enter your ZIP code below and continue to setup your account.