- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Our September focus for Assets is, Commitment to Learning. This category includes Asset numbers 21 through 25, which include:
21. Achievement motivation — Young person is motivated to do well in school.
22. School engagement — Young person is actively engaged in learning.
23. Homework — Young person reports doing at least one hour of homework every school day.
24. Bonding to school — Young person cares about her or his school.
25. Reading for pleasure — Young person reads for pleasure three or more hours per week.
This week, we’ll focus on No. 21, Achievement Motivation.
I will pose a few questions, to which I would love to see responses via email, Facebook or Twitter.
• What was your motivation to get through school?
• What is the achievement motivation for your student today?
I would have to say my motivation to be successful in high school was to get out. I knew I was headed to Valencia Community College and my future lie ahead.
My high school senior knows that his success in high school may decide how the rest of his future turns out.
If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the Los Alamos Monitor, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.
Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.
If you are new to the award winning Los Alamos Monitor and wish to get a subscription or simply gain access to our online content then please enter your ZIP code below and continue to setup your account.